BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF MUNCIE INVITES COMMUNITY TO
“Open the Door. Take the Tour.”
Local organization opens its doors to the public during National Boys & Girls Club Week
Boys & Girls Club of Muncie is joining Boys & Girls Clubs across the country for the annual celebration of National Boys & Girls Club Week, March 28th – April 1st 2016.
On Thursday, March 31, 2016 Boys & Girls Club of Muncie will open its doors to the community. Visitors can participate in various activities with our young people and experience some of the ways our Club promotes Academic Success, Good Character and Citizenship, and Healthy Lifestyles.
Featured speaker is Mr. Jeff Howe, Chairman of the Champions for a Safe Community Fund. With funds raised annually through 100 Men Who Cook, the Fund provides support to organizations within the community to provide programming, services, and activities that endeavor to reduce violence as well as provide security and care for victims of violence. Mr. Howe serves as the Region President for Old National Bank.
Thursday, March 31, 2016
4:30 – 6:30 Open House, Remarks & Guided Tours
Boys & Girls Club of Muncie, 1710 S. Madison Street, Muncie, IN 47302
Open to the Public
- Refreshments will be served
- Remarks will begin at 5:15 pm featuring club kids, proclamation from Mayor’s office and Mr. Jeff Howe
- Guided tours given by Club Kids during open house from 4:30 – 6:30 pm
VISUALS / INTERVIEWS:
- Picture 1: Jeff Howe (picture and bio included)
- Picture 2: Program Assistant, Myron Anthony, chats with group of boys during afterschool program
- Picture 3: Unit Director, Antonio Benford, coaches kids during Spring Break basketball camp
- Available for onsite interview: Juli Metzger, Board President
- Available for onsite interview: Micah Maxwell, Executive Director
- Available for onsite interview: Antonio Benford, Unit Director
- Available for onsite interview: Selected Club Kids
Twitter: mention @BGCMuncie
Facebook: mention @Boys & Girls Club of Muncie
Instagram: mention @BGCMuncie
About Boys & Girls Club of Muncie: The Boys & Girls Club of Muncie was founded in 1933. Our mission is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential, as productive, caring and responsible citizens. We provide a safe place to learn and grow; ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals; life-enhancing programs and character development experiences; and hope and opportunity. You can learn more at www.bgcmuncie.org. For more information, please contact the Boys & Girls Club at email@example.com or (765) 282-4461.